Friday, August 21, 2009

Milestones

A few things have me reflecting these days....

I have a little girl just 5 short days from her first day of Kindergarten! The past 5 1/2 years have flown by, and I can't quite believe we are to this point already.

My mom had these great little school days memory books for both my sister and I. She cleaned out all the keepsakes & mementos a few years ago when she & my dad moved, so I now have these items stored in my own closet.

I pulled it out the other day to reminisce about my own early school experience, and to share it with Meredith as we talked some more about starting school. There is room for a photograph and key info (like height, weight) for each grade, along with teacher's name, friends, and favorite subjects. I was a little shocked by how much I weighed when i started school (53 lbs, compared to my little peanut's 38!)...but I shouldn't have been...I was always a "big girl." I seriously stopped growing in about the 6th grade.

The Blue Eyed Bride had a post recently about school pics, so I thought that I'd go ahead and share!

5 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Aw- so sweet!! I love looking back at early childhood memories now that I am an adult. Its amazing how much has changed too!

The Mrs. said...

So cute! Landon is starting preschool! I can't believe it!!!

Beth Dunn said...

Oh I cried when my oldest with to K. Best of luck. xoxo

Tickled Pink And Green said...

I have that EXACT book!!! I look at it now and then. I always put that I wanted to be a librarian on the "What I Want To Be" part....lol..

Eloise said...

Your kindergarten picture was precious! What a wonderful treasure for you for your mom to have kept that book.