Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween & SPT

do you celebrate Halloween? do you go all out with costumes, or do you prefer to lay low with the porch light turned off? did you enjoy Halloween as a child? what was your favorite costume? will you dress up this year, or leave it for the little ones?

So I will be honest, Halloween is not my thing. I like a few little decorations (more the "fall" look). I am content to hand out candy while my husband takes the kids around. I don't remember at what age I stopped wanting to dress up, but I don't really ever remember loving it. By my early 20s I recall dreading Halloween parties...I hated thinking of a creative, unique costume. I think I really dislike drawing attention to myself, and I admit I care too much what other people think (I am working on this). The weird thing is that my husband loves it all...and I think that as the kids get older, he'll get even more excited about their costumes.

2 comments:

zy1125 said...

I lurv the Halloweens.... can't wait until the little man can be Robin to my Batman...

Amanda :-) said...

I think I know what you mean about this. I actually cringe when I hear people singing 'Happy Birthday'. It weird, but I just want to run out of the room!

I suppose it's not a bad thing for you and Mr Marla to have different approaches to different things!